If you’re looking for a minivan that’s packed with the safety features you insist on to keep your family secure on the road, then look no further than the new 2015 Honda Odyssey. The 2015 Honda Odyssey safety systems are some the best on the market. With its many automated and sensory-dependent features, the new Odyssey is engineered to keep families safe on the road. Read on to discover more about the extensive features that help to protect drivers and passengers.
Advanced Safety Systems
We know that Honda drivers are committed to keeping their families safe, and the engineers at Honda have found the best way to do that. By giving you a helping hand with eyes and sensors where you don’t have them, the Odyssey uses advanced systems to detect oncoming traffic, and cameras to give you views from angles you’ve never had access to before. The available 2015 Honda Odyssey safety features include:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system – Utilizing a camera on the top of the front windshield, this advanced system keeps a close watch on the delineated markings of the lane, and lets you know when you’re veering off path into another lane.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system – Using the same camera to detect where a vehicle is in front of you, the FCW system detects how close a car in front of you is, and then warns you if it thinks there’s a possibility of collision.
- Rearview Camera – Enjoy an extra set of eyes with a multi-angle rearview camera that helps make backing into a spot so much safer and easier.
Braking Assist Features
The 2015 Honda Odyssey safety components also include an advanced braking system with a number of high-tech features:
- Antilock Brakes (ABS) – When you step on the brakes, this system provides a pulse pattern to the breaking system, so that the wheels don’t lockup, leaving you safe and in control even in bad driving conditions.
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) – Using the ABS system, EBD helps make sure that the proper amount of braking force is applied at all times, distributing the right amount to the front and rear brakes, depending on the situation and conditions.
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control – In tune with the ABS and throttle systems, VSA gives you more stability on the road by recognizing when you are oversteering or understeering and making proper adjustments.
Advanced Cabin Features
Finally, the cabin of the 2015 Honda Odyssey is fully equipped to handle a collision and keep everyone in the vehicle safe with:
- Lower anchors / tethers – Keep your kids safe and strapped in with second row and third row anchors and tethers for compatible child seats.
- Active Head Restraints – Front seats come with active head restraints to help prevent neck injury in the case of a rear-end collision.
- Airbags – In addition to dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS) and front side airbags, the Odyssey is also equipped with three rows of side curtain airbags to ensure maximum safety for all vehicle occupants.
The Honda Odyssey Is Built on a Proud and Successful Heritage
The new 2015 Honda Odyssey continues an impressive legacy of successful, safe, and well-equipped minivans. In fact, the 2015 Odyssey is coming off the heels of a big year for its model, since the 2014 Honda Odyssey won the 2014 Minivan of the Year Award from Autobytel.
Test Drive the Honda Odyssey Today!
Contact Walla Walla Valley Honda to find out more about the long list of 2015 Honda Odyssey safety features or the award winning 2014 Honda Odyssey at your certified Washington Honda dealer at 1240 SE Commercial Drive in College Place. We’d love to set you up with a test drive!