College Place and Kennewick drivers can look forward to a radically enhanced Honda Accord Hybrid when it returns as the 2017 model. The 2017 Accord Hybrid is set for release across the United States this year, and will offer drivers more power, strong efficiency ratings, and a number of technological advances, so we couldn’t be more excited at the prospect of having it roll into the showroom here at Walla Walla Valley Honda.
Power and Efficiency
The 2017 Accord Hybrid allows College Place and Kennewick drivers to take advantage of the next generation of Honda’s two-motor hybrid system. The 2.0L i-VTEC Atkinson Cycle engine is able to create a combined output of up to 212 hp — the highest of any midsize hybrid sedan — and truly stunning efficiency ratings.
This cutting-edge hybrid even eliminates the need for a conventional mechanical transmission by shifting seamlessly between:
- EV Drive: Uses the electric propulsion motor and battery pack for short distances.
- Hybrid Drive: The electric propulsion motor drives the front wheels; the gasoline engine powers a secondary motor to supplement the electrical current.
- Engine Drive: Connects the engine and propulsion motor, driving the front wheels with both.
The Accord Hybrid that is returning for 2017 will boast some of the latest features, including a Display Audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. College Place and Kennewick drivers will also be able to enjoy peace of mind since the celebrated Honda Sensing is available to provide:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Better yet, the vehicle will be constructed using a next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure.
The 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Promises to Be a Vehicle Worth Waiting for
The upcoming 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid is the first update to the model since the 2015 edition. If you’d like to find out more or arrange a test-drive in the currently available 2016 Honda Accord, just contact Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place, WA.