You won’t find a more compelling fusion of horsepower, torque, and fuel economy than that offered by the 2017 Honda Civic. Turning even an everyday commute from College Place or Kennewick into an engaging ride while sipping fuel as efficiently as possible, the new Civic really is in a class of its own.
Unlike most compact sedans, the 2017 Honda Civic has been made to do more than simply take you from A to B – this is a model that offers a truly exhilarating drive, and you’ll be able to choose between two engines to boot.
- 2.0L Four-Cylinder: Fitted standard with both the LX and EX, the 2.0L can deliver up to 158-hp and 138 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing you to pass on the highway with ease.
- 1.5L Turbo Four-Cylinder: The available 1.5L is a whole other breed of engine, and it comes standard with EX-T, EX-L, and Touring trim levels. It uses a state of the art computer-controlled direct injection system to deliver flawless performance, up to 174-hp, and 167 lb.-ft. of torque. That’s more than is offered by many midsize sedans, including the Chevy Malibu and Volkswagen Passat.
Given the fact that the Civic possesses up to 174-hp, you’d be forgiven for thinking that its mileage ratings are going to lag behind the competition. However, you’d be wrong. The 2017 Civic delivers impressive efficiency across two available transmissions:
- 6-Speed Manual: The pairing of manual transmission with turbocharged power is just as electrifying as you might expect, with close-ratio gears improving acceleration while the precision-shift action making shifts feel fluid. You’ll get up to 28 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway with the 2.0L, or 31 mpg city and 42 mpg highway with the 1.5L*.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT): This transmission combines the effortless control of an automatic with the ability to make up to 31 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway with the 2.0L, or up to 32 mpg city and 42 mpg highway with the 1.5L*.
It’s Difficult to Fault the Drive of the 2017 Honda Civic
The Honda Civic line’s balance of performance and efficiency has always been exemplary, and the 2017 model continues in that tradition. If you’d like to experience it first-hand, just pay a visit to Walla Walla Valley Honda today.
* 28 city / 40 highway/ 32 combined mpg rating for LX model with 6-speed manual transmission. 31 city / 40 highway / 34 combined mpg rating for LX & EX CVT Automatic models. 31 city / 42 highway / 35 combined mpg rating for EX-T model with 6-speed manual transmission. 32 city / 42 highway / 36 combined mpg rating for EX-T, EX-L and Touring CVT Automatic models. Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.