There’s a reason the Honda Civic is a favorite not just among critics but eco-conscious drivers, too! The Honda Civic MPG ratings are impressive on city streets and open highways alike. The Civic offers five trims, each delivering the power and efficiency Walla Walla drivers expect. Learn more about the Honda Civic fuel economy below!
MPG Ratings Per Civic Trim
Which new Honda Civic trim best meets your fuel-efficiency needs? Here’s a quick look at the Honda Civic fuel economy ratings per trim:
- Civic LX: EPA-estimated 28 mpg city/40 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX: EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/40 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-T: EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-L: EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic Touring: EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
If you choose the Honda Civic LX, EX, or EX-T, you can opt for an available continuously variable transmission (CVT) in place of the standard 6-speed manual. The CVT helps increase fuel economy to an EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/40 mpg city* rating for the LX and EX, and up to 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* for the EX-T. The EX-L and Touring come standard with the CVT.
Two Honda Civic Engines with Eco Assist System
The 2018 Honda Civic Sedan is available with two engines: a 2.0L 4-cylinder and a 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder. With the base engine, the Honda Civic generates 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque. The turbo engine elevates output to 174 hp and 162- to 167 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come with the Eco Assist System, which helps Tri-Cities drivers conserve fuel in two ways:
- First, the system tells you how fuel-efficient your driving habits are via a color-changing display around the speedometer. If the display is green, your driving habits are efficient; if it’s blue, you’re probably wasting fuel.
- Second, the Eco Assist System can be had with an available ECON button, which you can push to change the Civic’s performance profile to favor fuel conservation.
Test Drive the Honda Civic at Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place!
The 2018 Honda Civic makes commuting around Kennewick comfortable, entertaining, and best of all: efficient. Schedule a test drive of one of the new Civics for sale at Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place to get acquainted with the lineup and learn more about how the Honda Civic MPG compares to that of the mid-size Honda Accord.
New Honda Civic Specials
*28 city/40 highway/32 combined mpg rating for LX model with 6-speed manual transmission. 31 city/40 highway/34 combined mpg rating for LX & EX CVT models. 31 city/42 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-T model with 6-speed manual transmission. 32 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX-T, EX-L and Touring CVT models. Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.