2016 Honda Civic vs. 2016 Kia Forte
2016 Honda Civic
2016 Kia Forte
2016 Honda Civic vs. 2016 Kia Forte
The 2016 Honda Civic is the 10th-generation Civic model, showcasing technology, power, and efficiency that exceed what you’ll find in competitors like the 2016 Kia Forte. If you need a compact sedan that is truly able to cover all the bases, the exceptional new Civic is for you.
- LX: Even the entry-level LX comes with a multi-angle rearview camera, electric parking brake, 5-inch color LCD screen, and LED daytime running lights.
- EX: The EX includes Android Auto™/Apple CarPlay® connectivity, heated side mirrors, a one-touch power moonroof, the Honda LaneWatch feature, and a smart entry system with remote engine start function.
- EX-T: The EX-T comes with the added power of a turbocharged 1.5L engine. It also adds dual-zone climate control, heated front seats, and a complimentary subscription to SiriusXM satellite radio.
- EX-L: The EX-L provides a first-class driving experience during even the most mundane commutes. Relax into leather-trimmed seats, wrap your hands around a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and find your perfect level of comfort with an 8-way power driver’s seat.
- Touring: The Touring trim provides state-of-the-art technology, such as a Honda Sensing suite of driver assistance features, heated outboard rear seats, and a 450-watt 10-speaker premium audio system.
The 2016 Kia Forte offers only two trim level choices for College Place and Kennewick drivers:
- LX: Provides air conditioning, steel wheels, and a 60/40-split folding rear seat.
- EX: Adds 17-inch alloy wheels, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and power-folding mirrors.
Powertrains and MPG
The Civic equips a 2.0L four-cylinder engine as standard, generating up to an impressive 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque while earning up to 31 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway* with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The Forte’s base 1.8L four-cylinder engine falls behind with a 145 hp and 130 lb-ft of torque, yet it still manages to consume more fuel at only 26 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
These trends hold true for the optional engines. The Civic’s 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine can harness up to 174 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque for a stunning ride, managing an incredible 31 mpg in the city and 42 on the highway* when paired with a CVT. The Forte’s available 2.0L engine makes up to 173 hp and 154 lb-ft of torque, while only getting up to 24 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway.
Here’s how its cabin compares to that of the 2016 Kia Forte.
- Passenger Space: Up to 97.8 cubic feet in the Civic vs. just 96.2 in the Forte.
- Trunk Space: Up to 15.1 cubic feet in the Civic vs. only 14.9 in the Forte.
Comfort and Convenience Features
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers: The Civic is able to tell when it begins to rain, and will subsequently switch on your wipers without you having to do a thing.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The Forte is one of the few sedans that doesn’t include a rearview camera as standard, and even its optional model doesn’t provide three viewing modes like the Honda version.
Features of the new Civic include:
- Forward Collision Warning: Constantly monitors for upcoming obstructions, then provides an alert if you should ever get close enough for an accident to become imminent.
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keeping Assist: Monitors your position on the road, then provides an alert if you begin to deviate from your chosen lane without indicating. Fail to alter your course, and the Lane Keeping Assist system applies gentle corrective steering.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Automatically adjusts your cruising speed to account for the distance between your Civic and the vehicle ahead.
The 2016 Honda Civic Leaves the 2016 Kia Forte Far Behind
The Civic offers more space, power, efficiency, and technology than the 2016 Kia Forte, so make sure you make the right decision by coming down to Walla Walla Valley Honda today. Our team will arrange a test drive for you, then help you identify the right trim level to meet your needs. For more information, contact us online or call 509-593-4918. We hope to see our College Place and Kennewick customers soon!
* Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.