2016 Honda HR-V vs. 2016 Honda Pilot
The 2016 Honda HR-V and the 2016 Honda Pilot are coming to College Place and Pasco, and the experts at Walla Walla Valley Honda couldn’t be more excited. Both SUVs offer the power, performance, and a comfortable ride that drivers expect, which might make choosing between them a little difficult. Our experts prepared a side-by-side comparison of the two, so you can decide which model is the right pick for you.
Vehicles at a Glance
2016 Honda HR-V
2016 Honda Pilot
Both the 2016 Honda HR-V and the 2016 Honda Pilot offer unique benefits for College Place and Pasco drivers.
- 2016 Honda HR-V Highlights – The new HR-V is a compact model for commuters that need the capability of a crossover without the bulk. Able to seat five passengers comfortably, the HR-V offers a versatile interior design to make the most of its cargo space.
- 2016 Honda Pilot Highlights – The Pilot is a full-sized SUV, with a roomy third row allowing room for eight occupants. Passengers have easy access to the third row with simple pushbutton controls that slide the middle row out of the way, making loading and unloading a breeze.
Both Honda SUVs show they can deliver what drivers want the most from a crossover: fuel economy from the compact choice and power from the full-sized model.
- 2016 Honda HR-V Performance – The HR-V specs include a 1.8L SOHC 4-cylinder engine that produces 141 hp. This can be paired with a 6-speed manual transmission or a continuous variable transmission that allows it to deliver an EPA estimated 28 mpg city/35 mpg highway*.
- 2016 Honda Pilot Performance – The Pilot favors raw power with a 3.5L 24-valve SOHC V6 that puts out 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque and is available in either 2WD or AWD configurations. When paired with the available 9-speed transmission, the 2WD model gets a respectable 20 mpg city/27 mpg highway fuel economy**.
Honda vehicles are designed for comfort and convenience. Whether you want the latest technology updates or the simple items that make your driving time easier, Honda has the features drivers demand from an SUV.
- 2016 Honda HR-V – Standard features like illuminated steering wheel mounted controls, Bluetooth handsfree link, and driver information display are available on every trim. For a little more, drivers can add features such as a 7-inch high-resolution audio display, and HondaLink Next Generation to connect any compatible smartphone to a world of digital content.
- 2016 Honda Pilot – Pilot drivers also have access to Bluetooth and the driver information display, as well as other standard features such as pushbutton start, 200-watt audio system, and rear-seat heat ducts. Optional features many buyers prefer include tri-zone automatic climate control, HondaLink Next Generation, and satellite radio.
Both the HR-V and Pilot offer a long list of innovative active and passive safety features:
- Active Safety – Both models come with Vehicle Stability Assist, ABS, brake assist, and electronic brake distribution. The Pilot also includes optional Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning.
- Passive Safety – The Pilot and HR-V are both built with Advanced Compatibility Engineering body construction and have dual stage SRS airbags with smart-vent front airbags.
Which Model Is Right for You?
Choosing the right model for you comes down to your needs and driving style:
- If you want a nimble crossover that offers good fuel economy without sacrificing interior comfort and style, the new HR-V fits the bill.
- If you’re looking for a powerful SUV that can handle up to 8 passengers, offers more luxurious amenities, can tow a recreational vehicle or trailer, the Pilot would do nicely.
2016 Honda HR-V
2016 Honda Pilot
|35 mpg/highway*||8 seats|
|Continously Variable Transmission||280 hp|
|Illuminated Steering-wheel Mounted Controls||9-speed transmission|
|Forward Collision Alert||200-Watt audio system|
Learn More about Honda’s 2016 SUVs at Walla Walla Valley Honda
To get to know these two capable crossovers more, schedule a test drive at (509) 593-4583. You can also come by our lot at 1240 SE Commercial Drive in College Place, which is a short drive from Pasco.
*25 city/34 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 6MT models. 28 city/35 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 2WD CVT models. 27 city/32 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD CVT models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.