2016 Honda HR-V vs. 2016 Mazda CX-3
2016 Honda HR-V
2016 Mazda CX-3
College Place and Kennewick drivers who are trying to decide upon their next compact crossover often find themselves choosing between the 2016 Honda HR-V and the 2016 Mazda CX-3. After all, these vehicles are among the best in the segment, but it can be tricky to determine which one will best meet the needs of your family. Just read through this competitive comparison to help yourself reach a decision.
- LX: The LX is one of the most well-equipped entry-level crossovers around, boasting a multi-angle rearview camera, remote entry system, and 5-inch color LCD display.
- EX: The EX takes that base-level technology further. Drivers will find their HR-V equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen, Honda LaneWatch, heated front seats, and a power moonroof.
- EX-L Navi: The EX-L Navi offers a Honda satellite-linked navigation system as standard, and also includes roof rails, HD radio, and a first-class leather-trimmed interior.
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 also provides three trim levels:
- Sport: The Sport model comes with 16-inch steel wheels, a rear spoiler, and air conditioning.
- Touring: The Touring adds heated mirrors and leatherette seating surfaces.
- Grand Touring: The Grand Touring comes with 18-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, and a rear cargo cover.
Powertrains and MPG
- Utility Mode: Flip the rear Magic Seat to enjoy every square inch of cargo space.
- Long Mode: Fold both the passenger-side front and rear seats to slide in cargo up to 8 feet in length.
- Tall Mode: Sometimes cargo needs to stand, so fold a rear seat downwards for close to 4 feet of vertical space.
Comfort and Convenience Features
- HondaLink Next Generation System: Quickly sync up your smartphone to the vehicle’s touchscreen with this handy new feature.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: The CX-3 also features as rearview camera as standard, but it lacks the multiple viewing modes (normal, top-down, and wide) that make backing up in the HR-V feel so effortless.
- Honda LaneWatch: Signal to your right to have this available feature display live video from a camera on your passenger-side mirror.
The 2016 Honda HR-V is a Top Compact Crossover
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 is a decent crossover, but it ultimately falls short in terms of space, versatility, and technology, so it should come as no surprise that the HR-V tends to be preferred by growing families. To take a closer look at the 2016 Honda HR-V, just come down to Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place.
*Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.