Explore the Powertrains and MPG Ratings of the 2017 Honda Accord
The 2017 Honda Accord has only recently been released, but its commanding powertrain options and fantastic mpg ratings have already set the standard across College Place and Kennewick. With rival models struggling and failing to match the Accord’s refined fusion of performance and efficiency, it only makes sense to opt for a vehicle that has already found a smart balance.
Select Your Engine
If you’re looking for a midsize sedan that can cruise comfortably, accelerate nimbly, and act with exceptional agility in the city, look no further than the 2017 Honda Accord. Its engine options include:
- 2.4L 4-Cylinder Engine: No need to settle for an average powerhouse with an entry-level Accord: the vehicle starts out strong by fitting LX, EX, and EX-L trims with one of the most potent four-cylinders in the industry. It makes up to 185 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque, appreciably more than standard models of competitors like the Ford Fusion and Toyota Camry.
- Sport Models: Sport and Sport Special Edition trim levels are fitted with the same impressive 2.4L four-cylinder, but they use a less-restrictive dual exhaust system to boost its output to 189 hp and 182 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L V6: The Accord’s available V6 thunders with up to 278 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque to achieve incredible acceleration and cruising power. Independent testing from Edmunds.com clocked it achieving zero to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds, making a V6 Accord one of the fastest cars in the segment.
Select Your Transmission
Those engines have been built to the highest possible standards, so they sip fuel with incredible efficiency despite outperforming rival models in terms of pure power. Mileage rating are increased even further thanks to the Accord’s state-of-the-art transmissions.
- 6-Speed Manual: Allows for the kind of pinpoint control over power delivery that many drivers crave. It comes standard with the four-cylinder to make up to 23 mpg in the city and 32 on the highway.*
- CVT: CVTs use advanced belt-and-pulley mechanisms instead of fixed gears, combining the efficiency of manual with the effortlessness of automatic. You’ll make up to 27 mpg in the city and 36 on the highway* with the 2.4L or 26 mpg city and 34 mpg highway* with Sport models.
- 6–Speed Automatic: V6 drivers will receive an automatic transmission to ensure a phenomenal drive. Expect up to a generous 21 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway.*
The 2017 Honda Accord MPG Ratings Leave the Competition Trailing Far Behind
The Accord has remained at the pinnacle of the sedan segment for decades thanks to its ability to provide responsive power while prioritizing impressive efficiency ratings. If you’d like to get behind the wheel of the 2017 Honda Accord and experience its exceptional mpg ratings firsthand, just come to Walla Walla Valley Honda today. While you’re visiting our dealership, compare different Honda Accord trims, such as the LX vs. EX, to find out which Accord model is best for you.
* 23 city / 32 highway / 26 combined mpg rating for 6MT models. 27 city / 36 highway / 30 combined mpg rating for CVT models. 26 city / 34 highway / 29 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT models. 21 city / 33 highway / 25 combined mpg rating for V-6 models. Based on 2017 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.