When it comes to shopping for Honda hybrids or alternative fuel vehicles in the Walla Walla area, come to Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place. Honda engineers strive to deliver outstanding fuel economy ratings and develop vehicles that have a lower impact on the environment. To help our customers learn more about the various Honda hybrids offered, our experts have created this overview of the hybrid and alternative fuel Honda models on the market today.
Honda Hybrids and Alternative Fuel Vehicles
No matter what your automotive needs may be, there is a Honda hybrid or alternative fuel model available to lower your carbon footprint and reduce, or even eliminate, traditional fuel consumption:
- 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid: This versatile, spacious sedan is fully loaded with interior amenities for optimum comfort at all times. Best of all, this hybrid gets an estimated 50 mpg* in the city and 45 mpg* on the highway. Whether you have a family or you’re a single driver, the Accord Hybrid is a quality choice.
- 2014 Honda Accord Plug-In: For even greater fuel savings, the new Honda Accord Plug-In gets an estimated 115 mpge** combined rating. This is because it can drive up to 13 miles on pure electricity alone. The driving range for this vehicle for combined gas and electric power is estimated at 570 miles.
- 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid: Honda’s flagship compact sedan is also available as a hybrid and comes outfitted with a variety of advanced tech features at no extra cost. This model is able to achieve 44 mpg* in the city and 47 mpg* on the highway, while still producing upwards of 110 hp.
- 2015 Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid: Designed for single drives in need of a sporty ride that won’t compromise efficiency, the two-door Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid coupe has distinctive styling. It features a Plus Sport System that can be toggled when driving for increased performance when needed. The CR-Z Sport Hybrid gets an estimated 39 mpg* on the highway.
- 2014 Honda Insight Hybrid: The most affordable Honda hybrid in the line-up, the Honda Insight Hybrid can save customers money in many areas. It gets an estimated 44 mpg* on the highway and is available for just $18,725 MSRP.***
- 2014 Honda Fit EV: The new Honda Fit EV is powered entirely by electricity and has an estimated 118 mpge**** combined rating. It’s powered by a 92kW electric motor that produces a notable 189 lb-ft of torque for sporty acceleration.
- 2014 Honda Civic Natural Gas: Instead of regular petrol, the Honda Civic Natural Gas uses clean-burning natural gas to get around. Its 1.8L 110hp engine is rather athletic, and will save you money, since it gets an estimated 38 mpg* on the highway.
One of the most notable features of all Honda hybrids is the fact that they are able to produce incredible performance output while still achieving impressive fuel economy ratings. This is because all Honda hybrid models use powerful gasoline engines that are paired with equally robust electric motors. The gas engines aren’t required when traveling at low speeds, but when acceleration and highway speeds are needed, they kick in to deliver a ride that’s just as thrilling as any Honda.
Whether it’s a Honda plug-in hybrid or a Honda electric vehicle, Honda’s plug-in technology is quite advanced. These particular models tend to have larger batteries than regular Honda hybrids, which means they can travel on electricity alone for much longer periods of time. Simply plug in your Honda hybrid plug-in or EV model over night, and your vehicle is ready to go the next day.
Natural Gas Technology
Honda models that are powered by compressed natural gas tend to burn cleaner than their petrol counterparts. For example, the Honda Civic Natural Gas uses a special 1.8L 4-cylinder engine that can combust natural gas to produce upwards of 110 hp, but this model is still rated as an Advanced Technology Partial Zero-Emissions Vehicle. Since compressed natural gas is also more efficient than regular gasoline, drivers will experience significant fuel savings, as well.
Shop Walla Walla Valley Honda for Honda Hybrids Today
If you’re in the market for a Honda hybrid or alternative fuel vehicle near Walla Walla, visit our showroom at 1240 SE Commercial Drive in College Place to browse our inventory. Honda is making the path toward tomorrow a reality today with its lineup of hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles.
* Based on 2014 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
** 115 combined miles per gallon of gasoline-equivalent (MPGe) electric rating; 47 city/46 highway/46 combined MPG gasoline only rating. 13 mile maximum EV mode driving range rating. 570 mile combined gas-electric driving range rating. Ratings determined by EPA. Use for comparison purposes only. Your MPGe/MPG and driving range will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, lithium-ion battery age/condition, and other factors. For additional information about EPA ratings, visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-PHEV-label.shtml.
*** MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $820.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
**** 132 city/105 highway/118 combined miles per gallon of gasoline-equivalent (MPGe) rating; 82 mile combined (city/highway) driving range rating (adjusted). Ratings determined by EPA. Use for comparison purposes only. Your MPGe and range will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, lithium-ion battery age/condition, and other factors. For additional information about EPA ratings, visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-electric-label.shtml.