Toyota and Honda are often considered leaders with regard to new safety technologies. But which active safety feature system is superior: Honda Sensing® or Toyota Safety Sense? Join Walla Walla Valley Honda as we take a closer look at the two safety suites side-by-side, so you can hit U.S. Highway 12 in a safe car.
What Honda Sensing® Offers, Toyota Safety Sense Doesn’t
Tri-Cities drivers may be surprised to know that there are a few features in the Honda Sensing® suite that aren’t available with Toyota Safety Sense. Here are a few, along with an explanation of how they work:
- Blind Spot Information System – Say you’re driving down Route 125, and your turning signal is on. If there’s another car in the corresponding lane, then this feature emits a helpful warning sound.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – This feature will ensure that your Honda is in the center of the lane – even on busy Kennewick streets.
- Cross Traffic Monitor – If you’re backing out of a crowded Tri-Cities parking lot, this feature will warn you if another vehicle is approaching.
- Honda LaneWatch™ – This feature displays live video from the right side of your vehicle on your Honda’s touchscreen any time you use your right turn signal.
Which Honda Cars Come With Honda Sensing® Standard?
Crossovers, Pickups, SUVs, and Vans
- 2019 HR-V – Standard on EX and above
- 2018 CR-V – Standard on EX, EX-L, and Touring
- 2019 Odyssey – Standard on EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite
- 2019 Pilot – Standard on all models
- 2019 Ridgeline – Standard on RTL-E and Black Edition
Coupes, Hatchbacks, Plugins, Sedans, and Subcompacts
- 2018 Accord – Standard on all models
- 2018 Civic Coupe – Standard on Touring
- 2018 Civic Hatchback – Standard on Sport Touring
- 2018 Civic Sedan – Standard on Touring
- 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, Electric, and Fuel Cell – Standard on all models
- 2019 Fit – Standard on EX and EX-L
- 2019 Insight Hybrid – Standard on all models
Walla Walla drivers who buy a new, used or certified pre-owned 2017 Honda may also find Honda Sensing® in their car. Simply contact Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place, WA to learn more about which vehicles are equipped with this active safety feature or to try out a Honda Sensing®-equipped vehicle around College Place.
Latest News from Walla Walla Valley Honda
The Honda Accord is certainly no stranger to the Walla Walla and Tri-Cities roads, and while its fuel-efficient performance and stylish good looks are well-known, have you gotten inside the 2020 Honda Accord interior? Between the spacious dimensions and cutting-edge features, you’ll be blown away by the luxury of this budget-friendly vehicle. Take a look at…
If you want to upgrade your Walla Walla commute with one of the most popular SUVs on the market, then it’s time to take a look at the 2020 Honda Pilot configurations. This SUV has gained fans from Tri-Cities to Kennewick for its incredible performance and premium amenities, and with six different trim levels to explore,…
Walla Walla Valley Honda customers love the 2020 Honda Pilot design. It’s no wonder, considering all of the cool Honda Pilot interior features that are available. With its stylish good looks, who wouldn’t want to be seen rolling around Kennewick in this beautiful SUV? You can see it for yourself at our dealership in College Place. Our knowledgeable staff…