What is Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing brings together advanced driver assistance technology, including:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
Alerting you to danger, enhancing your awareness, and acting independently to keep you from harm, they’re a vital part of what makes new Honda models so safe.
How Does Honda Sensing Protect You from Harm?
- Lane Departure Warning: If your Honda starts to stray from the center of your chosen lane without a turn signal being activated, visual and audio alerts will let you know. You’ll then be able to either activate your turn signal or return to center.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: Should you fail to properly react to your Lane Departure Warning System, corrective steering will be automatically applied to bring you back to dead center.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: A rear-facing camera detects when you’re drifting too close to the side of the road without signaling. When this happens, rapid vibrations on the steering wheel provide an alert. Then, mild corrective steering is applied to keep you on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Maintains a set distance between your vehicle and the one ahead to free you from manual speed changes. Select Honda models carry Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow to make driving through light traffic feel more convenient.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: Integrates with your Forward Collision Warning system to activate the brakes if you fail to react to a potential collision. Should you show signs of ignoring alerts, braking pressure will be applied to either prevent an accident or reduce its severity.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): A small front-facing camera detects the presence of vehicles ahead, determines your risk of collision, and activates audio and visual alerts to warn you one might be imminent.
Find Your Honda Sensing Vehicle by Visiting Walla Walla Valley Honda Today
Honda Sensing represents state of the art safety technology, and it’s available with models across the current Honda lineup. Honda Sensing even comes as standard on the new Honda Accord sedan; the new Honda CR-V EX, EX-L, and Touring; the new Honda Odyssey EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite; and a plethora of other fine Honda vehicles. If a Honda Sensing vehicle has caught your eye, feel free to schedule a test drive or apply for financing. Or, if you’re still on the fence, compare Honda Sensing vs. Toyota Safety Sense, and how the safety features of models like the Honda Accord compare to competition like the Mazda6!