If you’re beginning to notice mold in your car, you will want to learn about car mold removal immediately. To start, you’ll want to clean and vacuum the inside of the car. Once your car is clean, you can take care of the mold itself. Follow these steps from Walla Walla Valley Honda service center near Walla Walla to find out how to get rid of mold in a car.
Signs of Mold in a Car
Not sure if that’s mold in your car? Typical signs of mold can include discoloration on the seats and/or the carpet, as well as a smell that’s similar to sour milk. If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to look into car mold removal.
Importance of Car Mold Removal
Taking the time to remove mold in your car carpet or other areas, will not only make your vehicle look and smell better, but it can also benefit your health. If you have allergies, the presence of black mold in your car could cause a potential flair-up. What’s more, if you’re getting ready to sell your car, removing mold is a critical step.
How to Get Mold Out of a Car in 7 Steps
- Discard any trash and remove other items from the inside of the car. Mold can spread especially quickly on wet clothing.
- Water damage from a sudden Tri-Cities rainstorm can cause mold to form. If your windows were left down in the rain, let the interior to dry before cleaning.
- Use a dry vacuum to clean the car upholstery. Be sure to vacuum everything thoroughly, including under and between the seats.
- Pick a mold cleaner. For an easy and affordable DIY option, you can use white vinegar and hot water in a spray bottle. You can also mix it with baking soda. If you have black mold in your car, this odor remover is particularly effective. One part water and one part color-safe bleach can also work, but you’ll want to test a patch in an out-of-the-way area first. Otherwise, it could discolor the upholstery.
- Open the doors and spray down the interior of the vehicle. You can use these cleaners on any area of the vehicle, not just areas with mold growth.
- You can also try using the upholstery attachment on a wet-dry vacuum if you find it hard to remove mold in the carpet or from the rest of the interior.
- Once you’re finished cleaning, be sure to leave the car windows down so the interior can dry. Otherwise, you run the risk of the mold spreading.
More Tips on How to Get Mold Out of a Car
Safely get rid of mold by keeping in mind the following tips:
- Be sure to use a dust mask if you find black mold in your car. It can irritate the lungs and cause breathing problems.
- Enzyme-based cleaners will handle many types of mold, and they can be found in most hardware stores.
- A simple detail at a car wash won’t be enough to get rid of the problem. You’ll need to take care of it yourself or search out a dedicated car cleaning service.
- Be sure to spray down the entire vehicle when cleaning to truly kill the mold. Mold spores can travel to areas that don’t look affected.
Turn to Walla Walla Valley Honda for More Car Cleaning Advice
If you’re running into issues with stubborn black mold in your car, or need more tips on removing mold from your carpet, reach out to us at Walla Walla Valley Honda. We’re here for all of your vehicle needs, from sharing our tips on how to get mold out of a car, to covering how to check your coolant levels. Discover our additional service tips, and then reach out to us to learn more about caring for your vehicle!
More From Walla Walla Valley Honda
The 2021 Honda Pilot is a spacious SUV with up to three rows of seating to accommodate up to eight passengers. The new Pilot has plenty of room for College Place drivers to carry all of your camping gear for your next weekend adventure out to Walla Walla. Learn more about the Honda Pilot cargo space from his helpful…
If you’re shopping for a SUV within a family-friendly budget, the 2021 Honda Pilot offers an exceptional MPG in Walla Walla. Depending on the drivetrain you choose, the Honda Pilot fuel economy varies. Still, both will save you time and money at the gas pump, thanks to first-class efficiency. Learn more about the 2021 Honda Pilot…
How much can a Honda Pilot town? With its powerful engine that offers a remarkable towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds with an AWD configuration, the 2021 Honda Pilot will make you feel confident when hauling a trailer or boat out to Walla Walla. The Honda Pilot also comes with a variety of great towing features to…