“Should I trade in my car or keep it?” — it’s a question College Place and Kennewick drivers often ask themselves, and there’s plenty to consider. Getting a replacement vehicle can be nice, but it isn’t always necessary, while the current car will need to be traded in at some point. To help you decide, we’ve written this quick guide.
The Advantages of Fixing Your Current Car
It’s often an attractive idea to simply trade in your current car instead of fixing it up, but there are plenty of benefits to not doing so and having your vehicle serviced to go the distance:
- Expense: It’s usually going to be less expensive to repair a car than buy a new one. Aside from the initial expenses, you’ll typically be hit with higher rates for insurance and registration.
- Time: Most people tend to change up every six years, providing plenty of time to get finances in order. A repair can keep you on the road without changing that plan.
- Sentimental Attachment: Of course, you might just find that your car has a special place in your heart. If you really don’t want to let it go, don’t feel like you have to.
The Advantages of Trading Up
Even with all the benefits of keeping your current car, trading is still an attractive option, and it comes with many benefits of its own:
- Long-Term Reliability: If one part of your car breaks, another one might follow. When you buy new, on the other hand, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that you won’t have to deal with such issues for a while.
- Newer Features: A newer vehicle will usually be safer, more efficient, and better-equipped than an older model. If you’re lacking the most modern creature comforts, this could be a good opportunity to get them.
- Sunken Costs: If you pay for one repair, you might feel compelled to pay for the next one. This often forms a vicious cycle.
Find New and Used Vehicles at Walla Walla Valley Honda
If you are looking to replace your vehicle, you’ll find a generous selection of new and used cars at Walla Walla Valley Honda in College Place, WA. If you’re looking to have your current model repaired, just contact one of the highly-trained technicians in our service center. No matter your choice, we’re here to help!