Drivers in College Place and Kennewick know that buying a pre-owned car can be a bit stressful. At Walla Walla Valley Honda, we understand this, and we want to take the stress and guesswork out of purchasing a pre-owned vehicle by providing vehicle history reports, so that there’s no more wondering about the vehicle’s past. But what will a vehicle history report tell you?
But what exactly will a vehicle history report tell you that will be beneficial to your decision making process? Short answer: a lot. Since vehicle reports like AutoCheck use data from reputable sources like Experian, you can use the report to find a wealth of information about a car’s history. By compiling information from numerous agencies and departments, vehicle history reports are essential to the used car buying process.
But you still might be asking: “What will a vehicle history report tell me?” Keep reading to get a peek at what information is provided by various agencies.
State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- The kind of title that the car has clean, salvage, flood damage, hail damage, fire damage, etc.
- Odometer rollbacks
- Number of owners
- Damage and accident reports
- Lien information and ownership transfers
- Can tell you if the car is salvaged, but was not titled as such by the DMV
Collision Repair Shops
- Collision repair history
- Structural or frame damage
Service and Maintenance Facilities
- Service, maintenance, and repairs performed, along with the date and location they were performed at
- Odometer readings
- Stolen vehicles
- Total loss and reason for the loss
- Open recalls
- Courtesy buybacks
- Certified pre-owned vehicles
Law Enforcement Agencies
- Stolen vehicle records and theft recovery
Import and Export Companies
- Vehicle transfers and the locations to/from
Vehicle Inspection and State Inspection Stations
- Location of inspection site
- Emissions records
- Safety inspection factors
Know What a Vehicle History Report Will Tell You
That’s a good overview, but are you still wondering, “What will a vehicle history report tell me?” Kennewick drivers can ask all of their used car questions — and browse a large selection of used cars that come standard with AutoCheck vehicle history reports — at Walla Walla Valley Honda at 1240 SE Commercial Drive in College Place, WA or call us at 509-593-4643.